Villa Ionian offer a full real estate and construction consultancy service. We have over 20 years’ expertise developing property on Lefkada. From land or property searches, planning services and construction, to marketing holiday rentals and property sales, we can help with your needs.
The Greek real estate market can be complex and frustrating. Villa Ionian have built up reliable contacts in all areas of the industry, and aim to take the uncertainty out of buying, building or renting on Lefkas.
As a foreigner building in Greece, it is unlikely you will be present at all times during construction. Villa Ionian can function as your ‘eyes on the ground’ at all times, to ensure any issues are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Many of Villa Ionian’s clients are now interested in the Golden Visa scheme. This can be obtained either by buying, or building, property with a value of over €250,000. Read more about the Golden Visa scheme here.
Neil and Di Bingham moved to Lefkada over 20 years ago and set up a successful yacht charter business; Sail Ionian. They began construction of their first villa near Katochori in 2000. After developing a network of efficient local contacts, their son, Chris, built a villa for holiday rental in Neochori a few years later. Subsequent construction projects for friends and business associates soon followed. In 2020 they sold their Katochori villa to fund construction of their new dream home near Fterno.
Neil and Di are particularly passionate about providing a high standard of service and understand the concerns of first-time builders in Greece, having been there themselves. Their aim is to use the experience they have built to advise and help smooth the process. Treating each project as if it was their own house build, and offering realistic, practical recommendations, is the key theme at the heart of Villa Ionian.
- Property and land search: Villa Ionian are in an ideal situation to advise while you are looking for your dream house or land to build on. Not only do we know the local market well, we also know the island of Lefkas intimately and can offer advice on the ideal location for your investment depending on your aims – different areas are better suited for rental income, seasonal residence or year-round occupation. Building on Lefkada is not without complications: many plots with the best views are on steep hillsides or far from utilities. There are also different types of plots, where different building restrictions apply. We understand the local property market and can advise on the suitability, the value offered, the asking price, and the purchase process.
- Design and Planning Approval: We work closely with you, excellent local architects, and our building contractor, to develop realistic, practical plans within your budget. In conjunction with an engineer, we ensure the plans are approved and a building permit is issued without delay.
- In co-operation with our main contractor, a fully detailed scope of work will be laid out. Costs and lead times will be detailed to give you a complete overview of the project from start to finish. We strive for transparency, so that you are reassured that each element of the build has been negotiated, and that the best price has been achieved.
- Construction: From groundwork and utilities to your choice of kitchen, the entire process is overseen by our main contractor. They take personal responsibility, and make sure you are involved, and satisfied, with each stage of the build. The municipality will make regular inspections during construction to ensure the property is being built to the approved plans. Regular communication is important throughout the process.
- High standards of finish: One of the main complaints we hear about construction in Greece is the standard of finish being sub-par. We have worked closely with our contractor over the years to educate them to the high standards our international clients expect.
- Final stages: Villa Ionian ensure the correct legal paperwork and construction guarantees are obtained. We can also help advise on local furnishing options and services if you wish.
- Property Services: From cleaning and opening a house at the start of the summer, to regular pool maintenance and gardening, or even marketing your villa as a holiday rental, Villa Ionian are happy to help ensure you get the most out of your new property.
The Benefits of Villa Ionian’s services:
- Plug into two decades’ worth of experience in the Greek real estate market
- Local knowledge of the island and its property market
- Flexible approach – engage our services for one or many aspects of your build
- Detailed understanding of the Greek building regulations and approval process
- Extensive professional Greek contacts in all areas, from architects to cleaners
- Fast-tracking Greek legal paperwork is one of our specialties
- Managing construction risk by only employing personally vetted contractors
- High standards – we understand your expectations
- Value for money. Mistakes and misunderstandings in the construction process can be very expensive. We are confident our service will pay for itself by helping your build stay on plan and under budget.
At Villa Ionian, we are friendly, trustworthy, established and reliable: we operate several businesses on the island and have lived here for over 20 years. Let us help you to feel at home on Lefkada.
Get in touch for an initial conversation with no need to commit to anything. We could be neighbours very soon!
+30 694 699 2980